[filmscanners] RE: Digital camera topics on this list

> From: Julian Robinson
>
> So my vote is that we allow comparative and evaluative discussion of
> digital camera topics, including the capabilities and limitations of
> digital cameras, for as long as it remains an issue.  After that I am sure
> this list will either naturally become a digital camera and scanning group
> (i.e. digital darkroom) or move towards what will then be a minority
> interest group specifically devoted to the then arcane-but-interesting
> business of scanning.  Either is valid and obviously Tony as list owner
> will have the last word, but it seems silly to rule out what is currently
> one of the most interesting aspects of scanning - it's possible
> alternative.

Cyberspace is full of mailing lists, and if there aren't enough, you can
easily create your own for free using the facilities of Yahoo. If people on
this list are becoming more and more interested in digital photography, then
they might mention the digicam lists that they like, and invite people to
join. In the end, if people lose interest in film scanning, and become
purely digital photographers, then at that point they should unsubscribe
from this list, and stick to those lists that are about digicams.

This list is called "filmscanners". It wouldn't make sense for it to become
a digicam list without at least having its name changed, at which point it
would become a different list anyway. So although I'll probably be one of
those people who eventually abandon film scanning, I hope this list remains
"devoted to the then arcane-but-interesting business of scanning."

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco