[filmscanners] Digital camera topics on this list (was: Canon IDs vs Pentax67II)

>this begs the question, why are you in a "FILMSCANNER" mailing list
>if you don't use any film?

Digital camera technology has made significant major advances in the past year
or so -- similar in may ways to the change rate we saw in film scanners from
the original HP PhotoSmart in 1998 to today's 4000 dpi desktop scanner
technology and more.  I wonder if this list could or should be broadened to
encompass advanced digital camera discussion -- cameras that compete with film
and contemporary film scanners such as the Nikon LS-40, 4/8000 and Polaroid
4000?  If not, should there be another list?

My vote is for expanding this scope of this list, not dividing attention
between two.  I work with both film and digital.  I've read a lot of good
discussion and opinion on a large range of digital topics, scanner, CD
archiving, and more -- things we face in the digital image world independent of
the image capture mechanism.  I've learned a lot, perhaps contributed some.  I
think we have a core group of corespondents who can converse on film scanner
topics and on the more advanced contemporary issues in digital cameras (not the
"I'm new to this, which point and shoot should I consider" threads), and some
considerations that encompass both (e.g., image editing, archiving).

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/