[filmscanners] Re: Canon IDs vs Pentax 67II

 From my perspective and use the comparisons are interesting.

This past weekend I attended a dog show at the San Francisco
Cowpalace. The place has light that is pretty poor, it is low contrast,
sodium vapor, fluorescent sort of stuff. The light is flat, renders
ugly color and requires high ISO. I shot with the D60 using custom
white balance at ISO 800. The results were superior to what I've
been able to achieve in the past with 35 mm film (35mm Supra 800 scanned
with an SS4000). I'm spending  less on film and processing
now that I have the D60.

I don't own a medium format camera, I sold my Hasselblad years
ago. If I were inclined to consider medium format equipment, I'd
give the Canon 1ds serious consideration.

Two years ago I sold my Focomat enlarger. I loved that tool but
realized that I liked my digital darkroom better.

-JimD