[filmscanners] RE: Digital camera topics on this list (was: Canon IDs vs Pentax67II)

> From: Bob Shomler
>
> My vote is for expanding this scope of this list, not dividing
> attention between two.  I work with both film and digital.  I've
> read a lot of good discussion and opinion on a large range of
> digital topics, scanner, CD archiving, and more -- things we face
> in the digital image world independent of the image capture
> mechanism.  I've learned a lot, perhaps contributed some.  I
> think we have a core group of corespondents who can converse on
> film scanner topics and on the more advanced contemporary issues
> in digital cameras (not the "I'm new to this, which point and
> shoot should I consider" threads), and some considerations that
> encompass both (e.g., image editing, archiving).

I disagree. There are plenty of other lists for digicams--I'm on a Yahoo
group for the Minolta DiMage 7, since that's what I use. Indeed, this list
isn't even really for flatbed scanners, although they're sometimes
discussed.

Iit's quite natural and acceptable for digicams to be discussed here when
the topic is comparison to scanned film. But this list would become less
useful if it were cluttered with discussion of digicams with no relation to
film scanners.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco