[filmscanners] Re: Color Management System and NikonScan 3.1.2(PC)

From: "Roger Eritja"
> Not sure at all if my workflow is "better". I did build a specific
profile
for my LS4000 using freeware (LittleCMS) and the Kodak IT8 target.

That sounds simple enough,... but was it really worth doing?

> I do all my scans at 14 bit depth with Nikon CMS disabled.
> When opening the file in Photoshop I just apply that custom
> scanner profile and convert to my standard working space (Adobe1998
RGB).

What film do you mostly scan?  And since my PS experience is very
limited yet, do you set the "Adobe1998RGB" as a default or do you have
to apply it to all opened files?

There must be others on here who have not done full calibrations but use
NikonScan... tell me what you do!

Ed Verkaik
Roger Eritja
www.eritja.com