[filmscanners] Re: digital artifacting

"Tim Schooler" <tschooler@cox-internet.com> wrote:

>Yes, they _appear_ to look better, but you don't know what is
>real data and what is artifacting.

This can be said of any current digital camera.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Not at all. Look at the res charts. When the D60 fails to resolve, it
returns a blur. When the SD9 fails to resolve, it returns high contrast
incorrect data.

 And D60 images sharper
than scanned provia? I must have had a lemon.

Scan provia at 4000 dpi. Crop out 2000x3000 pixles. Now aim your D60 at the
same subject, but compose so that the 2000x3000 pixel crop fills the frame.
Compare those. When I do that, the D60 looks better.

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@gol.com
Tokyo, Japan