[filmscanners] Re: Hello/ routine question

Your description of your scanner's abilities don't make it any less
"arcane".  Arcane (a word you used, BTW) means hidden or mysterious, and
usually is used in the context of something which is hard to encounter
or come by, or difficult to obtain information about.  Most certainly,
the Leaf scanners, which were discontinued years ago, which were made by
a company that either went out of business or stopped making the full
line of products, and which were made in low production numbers due to
both their cost and small demand at the time, make it a considerably
more "arcane" product than the HP Photosmart scanner, which is, or until
very recently, was still distributed, is made by a major multinational
company which still exists, and was a much lower cost product and
therefore one of the most purchased scanners on the market.

The issue of quality of the product is completely unrelated to how
"arcane" a product might be.

Don't think for a minute I didn't clearly "get" the "dig" in your
comment: "I'm sure the original poster is glad you have knowledge of
"arcane" consumer level scanners  [;-)] ."

The fact that the only way you can cope with having your misinformation
corrected by someone is to belittle the person's knowledge, and your
need to compensate for your fragile ego by bragging about the mechanical
devices you own, is frankly, your problem.

If I admit your scanner is bigger than mine, maybe that will make you
happy. ;-P

Art