[filmscanners] Re: Hello/ routine question

Well, I won't argue that it was definitely "consumer" but I would use
ubiquitous more than arcane in its description.  I'd bet more of these
HP Photosmart film scanners were sold that any other made since, in
spite of the many problems with them.

Now, if you want to get into an "arcane" product, those old Leaf
monsters come to mind ;-)

Art