https://udarnik.com.ru ÓÁÎÔÅÈÎÉËÁ ÓÁÎÆÁÑÎÓ ÍÁÇÁÚÉÎ ÓÍÅÓÉÔÅÌÅÊ.

[filmscanners] RE: Hello/ routine question

> Austin Franklin wrote:
> > I certainly would have never guessed anyone would have designed a
> > scanner in such a fashion, thanks for the correction.  Hopefully,
> > not many were.  I'm sure the original poster is glad you have
> > knowledge of "arcane" consumer level scanners ;-).
>
> Austin
>
> You call the Photosmart 'arcane', but you collect Leafscans yourself
> (how many in your fleet at the moment?). This sounds like the pot
> calling the kettle black. <wink>
>
> Peter Marquis-Kyle

Hello Peter,

Hardly!  I don't collect them.  I only have ONE Leafscan 45, and it has
worked flawlessly up to this date, and hopefully beyond.  I would like to
buy a second one, which I will probably do this Spring.

There is a VAST difference between a poorly designed "arcane consumer level
scanners" and a top of the line CCD scanner that is of exceptional
design...such that it equals or surpasses even all but possibly the best
there is to offer today...and even at that, there have not been any scanners
designed that have some of the features of the Leaf.

I can scan ANY film format up to 4x5...as the Leaf uses standard Beseler 45
holders, which come in just about every film format made, and even blanks to
make your own...  It also has higher resolution for 35mm that any but the
absolute top professional scanner of today.  And, I still contend it is the
only scanner that does B&W "right" ;-)

Thanks for the thought though ;-)

Austin