[filmscanners] Re: Hello/ routine question

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Hello/ routine question
  • From: "Robert E. Wright" <rew@impulse.net>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:37:10 -0800

Three suggestions:
1.  Don't plan on scanning prints or mounted slides. The mechanical movement
required to change modes is prone to alignment problems.

2.  This scanner is certainly best at scanning negatives, but you can scan
unmounted slides (or positive film). If the software doesn't specifically
address scanning unmounted slide film, just scan as negative and invert in
your image editor.

3.  http://www.yapscu.com/ or http://www.hamrick.com/ for better software.