[filmscanners] Re: Hello/ routine question

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Hello/ routine question
  • From: "Ken Durling" <kdurling@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 07:12:58 -0800

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:09:41 -0800, you wrote:

>Is there a FAQ or site that explains the basics of
>scanning? Or, is there a good book that you would recommend?
>Information is one of the staffs of life, and I just don't
>have much with the pamphlets that came with the unit. Any
>help would be a help.
>       Thanks.

Hi Bill -

None better than:

www.scantips.com

There is also a hard copy you can order on the site, which I highly
recommend, unless you really like reading onscreen.  There is a ton of
info on that site.  Scanning is a complex subject, so take it a step
it at a time, don't get overwhelmed.  I nearly did, and after a couple
of years of hanging around this list, scanning a LOT, and reading all
I can, I still feel like a novice.  But I've rarely had so much fun at
a computer!  It really is hugely rewarding.

Also, do you have a good image editing program?  You'll need it.
Either Photoshop or there are some excellent other alternatives, like
Paint Shop Pro 7.  And Photoshop makes a scaled down version called
Photoshop Elements which is very good.

Ken