From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
To: <karlsch@earthlink.net>
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 7:36 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Couple of basic questions

MS and Adobe are more friendly competitors (did I actually say that with
MS in the same sentence??) than anything else.  I think MS was happy
that Adobe eventually ported their software to the Windows platform,
which entrenched more use of WinTel machines for graphics and arts purposes.

As I understand it, Adobe and MS communicate a fair amount.  I don't
think that MS wants the responsibility of the pro end of graphic
software, they do so many other things "so well" as it is... ;-)

Art

Nagaraj, Ramesh wrote:

> I do scan & edit my slides using PS6. But not an expert in image editing .
> I feel the GUI of PS is very bad, though it may do splendid job in image
editing.
> The "Actions" are a buggy; few times I lost my scans due to those bugs.
> With Adobe, I need to struggle to get know basic things.
>
> I have used computer MS software packages a lot and they are comparitively
better in GUI & help-docs.

> I feel Abode needs strong competetor like MS, which may force Adobe to
provide value-for-money product.