[filmscanners] RE: B & W - Tips required...

Bard,

> Austin and all --
>
> For those of you considering printing B&W images using Cone
> Piezography Inks
> (Inkjetmall.com) CAVEAT EMPTOR.  Their pigmented inks, while theoretically
> more "archival" than others on the market, can cause horrendous clogging
> problems in Epson Inkjet printers.
>
> >From what I've heard, and in my own experience, at best the user
> will spend
> a great deal of extra time with tedious and elaborate procedures
> to keep the
> ink flowing through the nozzles.

I have been using the Cone inks for over two years.  I have made hundreds of
prints, if not in the thousands.  I have had SOME problems, some clogging,
some banding...but all of them were solved.  The product, when it works
right, works very very well, the images are stupendous.  I believe you hear
more about the people who have problems, more than you do people who don't.
Their support is stupendous though, and they typically go well out of their
way to solve customer problems.

Austin