[filmscanners] Re: Fujichrome Trebi

David J. Littleboy wrote:

> From: "Berry Ives" <yvesberia@earthlink.net>
>
>>>Me:

> or

>>>for

> A thousand pardons to all on this list for this confusing out of context
> translation.
>
> TREBI 100C is a _SLIDE_ film. It's a FujiCHROME film. Reversal,
> transparency, tranny, chrome.
>
> I have no idea what they mean by "clear base" or being appropriate for
> prints. It is _NOT_ a negative film. Positives. WYSIWYG. Doesn't give you a
> headache if you look at it with a loupe on a light table.

There are several bases that film can have.  One is indeed masked via
dye masking, as in negative films.  It can also be a translucent base,
used for back projection images (usually in larger formats), such as
Kodak's Duratrans.  I assume Fuji is indicating it is a fully
transparent uncolored base, as is typically used in transparency
reversal films.  It may also have some characteristics that make it
easier to make direct prints from the image frame.

>>Does "maskless" refer to the orange base of color negatives?
>>

> No. I never said anything about "maskless" or "negative". All I did was
> quote the Fuji blurb that claims that it's good for making prints.

Maskless may indeed refer to the orange mask not being there, but as you
say, you never used that term.

> I suppose you're going to want me to get my Oly OM-1 (the only 35mm I own)
> CLA'd so I can test it for you and prove that it's only a slide film???

In a word, yes, and why has it taken you so long to post results ;-)

We're waiting...

Art