[filmscanners] Re: Fujichrome Trebi

From: "Berry Ives" <yvesberia@earthlink.net>
>> Me:
>>> TREBI100C claims to use a "clear base" making it appropriate for slide
or
>>> prints, and features "brilliant" "pure" colors. It's also claimed to be
>> for
>>> use by a wide range of users, from beginners to professionals.

A thousand pardons to all on this list for this confusing out of context
translation.

TREBI 100C is a _SLIDE_ film. It's a FujiCHROME film. Reversal,
transparency, tranny, chrome.

I have no idea what they mean by "clear base" or being appropriate for
prints. It is _NOT_ a negative film. Positives. WYSIWYG. Doesn't give you a
headache if you look at it with a loupe on a light table.

> Does "maskless" refer to the orange base of color negatives?

No. I never said anything about "maskless" or "negative". All I did was
quote the Fuji blurb that claims that it's good for making prints.

I suppose you're going to want me to get my Oly OM-1 (the only 35mm I own)
CLA'd so I can test it for you and prove that it's only a slide film???

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@gol.com
Tokyo, Japan