[filmscanners] Re: Advice needed on Photoshop

> Is there some way I can use Photoshop to lighten the slide progressively
> from say 0% at the bottom to 50% at the top ?

Hi Mike

I've never used LE but here's how to do it using a gradient mask if you have
the channels option in LE.

Once created you can apply Levels or whatever filter through it.

Select the channel pallet and create a new channel by clicking the icon at
the bottom of the pallet. By default the new channel will appear 100% black.
Set background colour to white and foreground to 50% black or whatever %
desired, select the gradient tool and click and drag vertically (holding
down shift) to create the gradient. Now select the image layer and from the
main menu go Select/Load Selection, choose Alpha 1 (default name) from the
drop-down-menu and apply the filter.

Hope this helps.

--

Regards