From: "Mike Bloor" <admin@seratel.ie>
To: <rew@impulse.net>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 10:03 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Advice needed on Photoshop

I have a slide of a building (the treasury in Petra), lit only by candles
standing in front of it.  This means that the top half of the building is
much darker than the bottom.  While retaining this effect to some degree, I
would like to lighten the top of the building and leave the bottom as it is.

Is there some way I can use Photoshop to lighten the slide progressively
from say 0% at the bottom to 50% at the top ?

I have Photoshop LE 5.0, so I might be missing some of the more esoteric
tools.

Regards,

Mike Bloor