[filmscanners] Re: Re:Re:shoot first, fix it later

If the intended use is such that "right" is indistinguishable (for the intended
audience)
from "fixed in Photoshop" then I see no reason to waste the extra time.

Remember, my original example was quarter-page usage. If it was
full-page-in-Architectural-Digest usage then I'd firmly be on the side of 4 x
5, not even 6
x 6 + shift lens would likely be good enough. My whole point was that you have
to analyze
the situation and see which approach makes more sense. I believe a heedless
"we'll just fix
it in Photoshop" is just as wrong as "the shot's gotta be perfect on film, I
don't care if
takes hours"

It's also interesting to see Cartier-Bresson invoked (by someone else) in this
discussion.
Given his vehement opposition to cropping, I've gotta believe he'd have taken
an immensely
dim view of ANY Photoshop alteration.