[filmscanners] Re: inkjet-printable CD-R's and DVD-R's

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Again, personally, I'm not going to worry about it, as I suspect in most
> cases the difficulty is more likely the lack of systems to read the
> disks after 20 years, rather than if the data is readable on the disk.

I have to agree. I have several old 5.25 inch disks that I cannot
get data from without real hassle - of course, its actaully enjoyable
showing kids (Im a geek ok!) how things used to work with my v old
8086 machine, but we are going to have the same discussion regrading
writing on DVD-R as it sweeps in, and then XXX YYY.

Ive got 300 CDs of images, each dobuled up on alternative manufs
media, but I get less trustworthy of all of my storage the more I
learn. Perhaps the drop of 'Staedtler Lumocolor Permanent' I use
will kill the CD, but I suspect the minute fluctuating temperatures
and humidity levels spanning over years will be far more damaging.

Does anyone have a process for their archiving? Burn, verify,
verify in second drive (different manu), store?

bert