[filmscanners] Re: inkjet-printable CD-R's and DVD-R's

I tend to agree with you.  But the truth is we really don't know.  The
inks may be relatively "inert" but they have a non-neutral pH, and the
Epson pigmented inks are encapsulated in a polymer, which may or may not
alter the coating on the CD or outgas over time.

Again, personally, I'm not going to worry about it, as I suspect in most
cases the difficulty is more likely the lack of systems to read the
disks after 20 years, rather than if the data is readable on the disk.

Art