[filmscanners] Re: How to label CD backups

I spoke to a Sanford rep, and several others a few weeks ago at an
office supply convention I attended.  Sanford stated their pens are
"acid free" and safe for CD-R labeling, and have been used for that
purpose for years without reports of problems.  The other companies
(including Bic, Dixon, and others) suggested their markers could be used
for that purpose but admitted they had no long term test results for
safety for that use.

Obviously, the safest is to use the middle hub which has no recording
surface, or if you don't fill the CD, perhaps use the non-recorded area
(the CD-Rs are recorded from the center out, so you can often see the
point where the recording stops).

Art