[filmscanners] Re: CMYK rant

"Major A" <andras@users.sourceforge.net> contributed: "Thanks Tony,
Anthony, and Austin for contributing to this thread. It seems there is a
3:1 majority here who thinks CMYK isn't of any use to the (digital)
photographer.
[snip]
"Thus, I think CMYK is historical dead weight which has been obsolete at
least since the ICC standard was created."
------------

I suspect everyone who disagrees that "CMYK isn't of any use to the
(digital) photographer" didn't respond to this issue. I recommend you
purchase Dan Margulis's book "Professional Photoshop, Ver.4" to get a
better understanding of the relationship of the various color spaces and
their uses in color manipulation for photographers. IMHO, this
discussion group isn't the proper forum for a subject so broad and deep.

Preston Earle
PEarle@triad.rr.com
PEarle@CGraphics.com
www.CGraphics.com