[filmscanners] Re: Any views on Minolta Dimage Scan Elite

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Any views on Minolta Dimage Scan Elite
  • From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 16:11:35 -0700

Hi Jamie,

It appears I'm in error here.  I went to the European site which has the
newest software/firmware upgrades for the Elite F-2900 and Elite II as
well as the other Pro and Dual scanners.

The latest version is indeed the one you have (DSE104e.exe), which I
assumed was a full upgrade as the Elite II received.  Like the Dual II,
which is also version 1.03 or so, this is not a full upgrade with the
new firmware.

The Pro, Multi I and II, and the Elite II all have the newest software
package (DS100e.exe) being offered. (Yes, I know the numbers don't make
any sense--then again what does in the way Minolta names their scanners?).

So, it would appear the Scan II (in spite of being the most recent
version until a few weeks ago), Elite I and other earlier scanners are
not getting major facelifts, at least not yet.

Art