[filmscanners] Re: Compression

It is very interesting how these two threads, this one regarding the
digital/film comparisons regarding the newest Canon digital camera, and
the other thread regarding "over resolving scans" have independently
come to the same issues, those of aliasing and grain.

I hope people who have been reading one, are also reading the other,
since these discussion is expanded by the content of the responses to
both threads.

I'm not sure you are suddenly retired.  I think it more that you are
being called up to consult.  Here in N.A. consulting is the "new"
moneymaking manner to label oneself.  You aren't "retired", you are
brought out to consult.  Along with the title comes $1200 a day fees or
more.  When you find your pockets filled, you go back into "research"
and disappear for a while, until you need a new car or boat or house,
and then you become available to consult again. ;-)

Art