[filmscanners] Re: CD RW Problem

You are correct that there are two incompatible standards.  Unlike CD-R,
CDRWs are of a factory pre-determined maximum speed written into them.
The original CDRW disks were 1X, when 2X came along, they could be
written at either 1X or 2X.  Finally, the 4X disks appeared.  These can
be written at 1X, 2X or 4X speed.  That was the end of the original CDRW
standard.

The new "high speed" CDRW are not at all compatible with the slower
1X-4X CDRW write drives.  The newest version of these new CDRW disks
(that I have seen) are 12X write.  They should work at 12X, 10X, 8X, 6X,
and 4X, with the newer "high speed" CDRW drives.  They will not work
with the older drives at all.  Of course, there are slower maximum "high
speed" CDRW disks out there, that may only go up to 6X or 8X, as well.

Art