[filmscanners] RAW Format

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RAW Format
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:18:01 EDT

I am scanning with a Polaroid SS4000+ and wondering about the42 bit RAW mode.
 How is this used differently than the 24 bit mode?  I know there is an
obvious difference in bit depth that will lead to smoother histograms when
the image is adjusted in PS (and that some adjustment and layer modes are
unuvailable for this bit depth especially adjustment layers).  But other than
the bit depth what is the diffrerence in formats and how are these two types
of formats treated or manipulated differently?

Howard