[filmscanners] Re: dpi - formerly PS sharpening

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:35:02 -0400, you wrote:

>I understand.  The comment was specifically about saving the file...and you
>don't save dots, you save pixels.  The file, according to PS, is N pixels in
>width, by M pixels in height.
>
>After you scan, what does Viewscan show for units?  How about when you want
>to re-size the image?

Gotcha.  Guess I took the comment out of context.  Of course the
answer to your last two questions is "pixels x pixels."   However, the
task bar of Vuescan (I resize in PS) says - after the scan - for
example:

2592x3888 pixels, 2720 dpi, 4x6inch, 22.7MB

So it *is* saving a resolution in dpi, and that is what you're working
with when you reopen it in an editor.   It's easy to see where
confusion arises.

Ken