[filmscanners] Re: IV ED dynamic range... DYNAMIC RANGE!

Hi Andre,

I am NOT the list owner here, and the following views are my own.  I
have been with this list since its earliest beginnings, however, and am
a fairly active poster. Having clarified that, here are my views:

Welcome to "free speech".  I know of no newsgroups or lists that do not
have off topic or personal disagreements develop on occasion.

Quite honestly, having been on this list for years, if you are unable to
use the delete feature of your email browser when you encounter an off
topic posting, you will become rather frustrated.

There are many posters here who provide some very useful and valuable
information, and some of them also go off topic or get into personal
attacks and issue on occasion.

Even if the list owner ruled with an iron fist, and in this list the
owner both chooses not to, nor does he have the time to, some of this
stuff would leak through, and also, as a community of people, it would
be a much more boring list and I know a number of very active and
helpful members would simply leave if the topic range was rigidly
controlled.

Basically, what it comes down to is that if you want more signal and
less noise, then contribute signal, not noise.  If you are here to watch
and "listen" you are certainly welcome, but you cannot dictate policy or
content.

Art

PS: I would also suggest you develop better quoting habits, it was
unnecessary to post the whole message below again.