[filmscanners] Re: PS sharpening

Maris writes:

> Brian said the file size was reduced, so there
> was apparently resampliing (downsampling).

Or the amount of information in the file did not increase.

In any case, if one proceeds as he describes (changing the dimension of the
image to 11 inches in Photoshop), the results are as I describe--I tested it
to be sure; perhaps he left something out in his description.

> Your hypothetical of entering 11 inches in
> the new dimension, with the resampling box
> checked or unchecked, would not result in
> PS computing 11 inches x 4000 ppi.
> PS would reduce the ppi proportionately
> in either case.

Try it.  If you simply enter a new dimension in inches, the size in pixels
will increase or decrease as required to produce that dimension ... at 4000
ppi.