[filmscanners] RE: IV ED dynamic range

Hi Bob,

It could be either or both...  Density range is merely the extents that it
can capture density...but dynamic range is the resolution within that
density range.

If one scanner has a density range of 4.2, compared to 3.6...the density
range of 4.2 is better.  If the scanner has 14 bits, and the other has 12,
and all the bits are "good", the 14 bit scanner has higher dynamic range.

Regards,

Austin