[filmscanners] Re: Lab scans

Julie might want to consider using Kodak PhotoCD and Kodak Pro
PhotoCD scans until she gets her scanner back. The PhotoCD scans go
up to 2048 16-bit samples per inch (spi), which I find a stretch for
an 8x12 print. But PhotoCD scans are certainly good enough to find
the exposures worth working on. And they can be sent back for Pro
PhotoCD scans at 4096 16-bit spi, which is more than needed for 8x12
prints even after some cropping. I wish I could drive 30 minutes to
my lab; I mail to them and they send the film and CD back to me by
UPS.

Sam