[filmscanners] Re: Nikon Coolscan 4000 ED

Arthur Entlich wrote:

>However, I will again state that due to the lighting type, normal
>amounts of dust, dirt and light scratches are not a real problem with
>the SS4000/+ scanners, and if you have a PC, the new filter/software
>makes even more extreme situations easier to deal with.
>
>Art

And if you don't believe Art go to imaging-resource.com and check out
the scanners section. Look for sample scans of the house image. Compare
the Nikon LS4000 and Polaroid SS4000 scans. You will be amazed!
BTW, I had a hard time trying to clean up that image with Polaroid's DSR
(dust and scratch reduction). Until I realized that I was working on the
LS4000 scan which shows a lot more dirt than the SS4000 scan. The latter
was very easy to clean with DSR and the result is as good as the ICEd
version of the LS4000 sample!!!

Petru.