[filmscanners] RE: Power Line Filter

> I did this with my original scanner - an LS1000 - using an old  RS
> Components mains block. Definitely as much improvement as doing 2 passes
> instead of just 1 - this was before Vuescan did multiple pass scans.
>
> Philip

Philip,

Glad to hear that solved your problem (the one that some people here
apparently believe you really didn't have in the first place ;-).  Conducted
EMI was a real problem for some studio digital cameras...a lot of studios
have refrigerators...and the motors from them kicking on and off would
"degrade" the scan...  But, all them were imaging the problem too, and the
images really didn't have a big "gluzp" in the middle of them...  And,
amazingly enough, the problem was eliminated (in the situations I know of
anyway) by moving the camera's power source to another circuit, and/or the
use of a power line filter.  Simply amazing how many people just make this
stuff up because they have nothing better to do ;-)

Regards,

Austin