[filmscanners] Re: Power Line Filter

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Power Line Filter
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:40:06 EST

I didn't think that question would initiate such debate.  I have to admit
though, Owen's original post was hilarious.

The answer here may not be entirely clear, but let me ask this.  IF
interference caused scanning noise would the $16 surge protector/noise filter
which 'filters the electromagnetic interference and radio frequency
interference (EMI/RFI) coming through electrical lines from outside sources.
It states that it filters to 40dB (100kHz to 100MHz)'
be sufficient to eliminate the problem.?....One post suggested not because
the cutoff starts too high.

Howard
HMSDOC@aol.com