[filmscanners] Re: Silverfast HDR

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Silverfast HDR
  • From: "" <argv@danheller.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 04:20:18 +0000

I sort of already asked this in a previous post, but wanted to acknowledge
david's response here. the quesiton is, what is HDR? (For that matter, what
does the acronym refer to, what is it supposed to do, and why doesn't it
work on my system?)

>  HDR is designed  as a production aid where a person without  much
> knowledge can do raw scans and a person more expert can to the more involved
> work. My thought is you could dot the raw scans  in Insight then bring them
> into Photoshop or Photoshop/HDR.

this sounds like it could be a good workflow for me. I have an employee
who just scans and does dust removal in PS. It'd be great if this person
could use the HDR mode as you described it here, since it would allow her
to use PS while the scanner is scanning.

the silverfast manual doesn't describe what HDR is, as far as I've been
able to find.

--
        --dan

Photo Gallery:  http://www.danheller.com/