[filmscanners] RE: Focus problem on Minolta Scan Multi Pro

I notice no difference in focus between film formats with mine using Minolta
software (1.0). If you'll document the steps and settings you are using,
I'll try to reproduce your problem on my Multi Pro with Minolta and VueScan.
I am using a PC, however.

Please note:
How are your Minolta Scan preferences set: Auto Expose for Slides? Auto
Focus at Scan?
What other settings are you using for your scans?
In Prescan, are you using "auto focus" and/or "adjust focus manually?" If
either or both, what area and image characteristics are you targeting (i.e.,
edge or center of frame, detailed subject vs. low contrast)?
What kind of film in 35mm and medium-format?
What is the manifestation of "wrong" medium-format focus?

Regarding your red scans, there is a known problem with a blue cast under a
specific set of conditions: scanning 24x65mm color negs in the multi-format
holder. Like your red cast, this occurs in Minolta Scan but not in VueScan.

Denis

M. Denis Hill
Qualified Panoramic Photographer
Proud Member of the International Association of Panoramic Photographers
www.area360.com <http://www.area360.com>
"I have made this letter a rather long one, only because I didn't have the
leisure to make it shorter." Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)