[filmscanners] Focus problem on Minolta Scan Multi Pro

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Focus problem on Minolta Scan Multi Pro
  • From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:04:20 +0000

Hi

I have taken the plunge and gone for the Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro.
However, I have a problem.  Using the Minolta scan software or Vuescan I get
excellent 35mm scans with excellent focus.  However, when I try to scan 6X6
medium format film the focus is always completely wrong, with both Vuescan
and the Minolta software.  I have version 7.5.10 of Vuescan and 1.0.2 of the
Minolta software (which is the latest release).  I am running on a Mac G4.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what the resolution is?

Also, does anyone else find that the Scan Multi Pro produces very red scans
that have to be adjusted when using the Minolta software.  This problem does
not exist with Vuescan (excellent as always Ed, if you're listening).

Thanks for any help.

Simon

B&W images at http://www.monochromeimage.com