[filmscanners] RE: profiling

I know from offline conversations I've had with one or two of you that -
for those of us who are not professional - the business of
scanner/monitor/printer profiling is a bit of a problem. I eventually
used material I found on http://www.computer-darkroom.com/, but I've got
an Epson 1290, which was covered there. Some other printers aren't. Of
course you can buy a profiling kit, which will cost about the same again
as an Epson 2450 or two, or possibly a year or two's worth of film. Not
very practical. I also found http://www.littlecms.com/profilers.htm
which offers a copyright free free profiling set. This is very good, and
very generous of the authors. Now for all the people who are thinking,
'we knew that, why's he telling us?' please remember I and several
others didn't.
Best to all
John