[filmscanners] Re: New price on Flextight Photo in UK

>> Vuescans advantages over most software (haven't used Flextight's, but
hear
it's superb) has to do with the fact you can bring a scan into photoshop
somewhere between raw and final, enabling difficult shadow transition edits
that are far superior to most other software I've tried.  It combines the
qualities of editing raw files with the convenience of CM and good film
terms<<

I hear the Mac Imacon software is pretty good, but the PC version I tried
last year was pretty bad. Easily the buggiest and most unstable scanner
software I've ever come across. They didn't put a whole lot of effort into
it. Hopefully they've improved on that. Otherwise, anyone serious about the
Imacon scanner should also be considering a Mac to run the software on.