[filmscanners] Re: OT: Choosing a high End CRT

The word "Mexico" might have something to do with it.

Even if the components themselves are good, a monitor needs to be
assembled and adjusted correctly at the factory, and I wonder if that is
being done.

Sony, perhaps more than some companies, seems to be suffering from the
competition in the marketplace.  They used to have a lot of products
that were better made than the mainstream, and people would pay more for
that.  It would appear, more and more, that they are relying on their
name in some products lines, rather than maintaining their reputation.
That can only work for so long.

I also believe CRT monitors are coming to their end cycle now, which is
pushing prices way down, as LCD and other technologies mature, so corner
cutting is occurring in the industry.  The day of the huge markup for a
few extra diagonal inches is pretty much history.

Art