From: "Preben S. Kristensen" <krille@tin.it>
To: <Ian_Jackson@blueyonder.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 11:40 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Multi-coloured lines in images...

Good evening from Italy.

I'm experiencing between one and four thin lines in almost half my
images.
The  length, position and orientation seems completely random. The
colour is
dependent of the background colour (it is the complimentary colour
more or
less) and the thickness of the lines are mostly one or two pixels, but
can
also more rarely be three or four pixels wide.

I first noticed them in connection with scanning and thought that one
of the
scanners had a problem, but I have since seen them on transferred
images
(there was nothing wrong with the images on the other computer.

I suspect a loose connection in the computer somewhere, but I have
reseated
all the cards, cables and memory sticks and I still get the problem.

SS4000 - MSI 2380 raid MB - 1.3 GB DDR - Athlon 2000+ - Raid 0 150
GB -
matrox 450 (32MB) - Sony FW900 - adaptec 2904 - W2K - PS 6.01 and
going
nuts!

Any solutions??? Or is it < Nero, the black sheep's long distance
curse>?
:-)

Preben