[filmscanners] Re: Sprintscan 4000 and Vuescan

Tom:

>I'm having a very strange problem when using Vuescan to batch scan slides on
>my Polaroid Sprintscan 4000.  It ALWAYS scans slides 1 and 2 properly and
>NEVER scans slides 3 and 4 properly, the registration is always off by at
>least 1/2 of the 3rd slide and the scan of the 4th slide can be of an area
>from anywhere on the carrier.

>Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so how have you resolved it?
>Ed Hamrick has been trying to help but so far nothing has worked.

I've noticed that before.  I think for me, it did 1-3 fine and 4-5 were
messed up like you describe.  I tried to redo just 4 and same result.
Shutdown and restarted Vuescan, and then it would do 4 and 5 fine by
themselves.

I rarely batchscan an entire strip anymore.  Usually, I just want a picture
or two, and I've had problems with dust sometimes lately.  So my work flow
is to scan a single image, bring it into Photoshop, verify there aren't any
dust lines running the length of the carrier, and then go on to the next
one.

But you aren't alone.  :)

Eric