[filmscanners] Sprintscan 4000 and Vuescan

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Sprintscan 4000 and Vuescan
  • From: "Thomas B. Maugham" <TMaugham@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:03:21 -0500

I'm having a very strange problem when using Vuescan to batch scan slides on
my Polaroid Sprintscan 4000.  It ALWAYS scans slides 1 and 2 properly and
NEVER scans slides 3 and 4 properly, the registration is always off by at
least 1/2 of the 3rd slide and the scan of the 4th slide can be of an area
from anywhere on the carrier.

I do NOT have this problem when using either PolaColor or Silverfast. Nor do
I have this problem when scanning negatives using Vuescan. I've been trying
since version 7.4.2 and still have the problem in 7.5b5.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so how have you resolved it?
Ed Hamrick has been trying to help but so far nothing has worked.

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Regards,

Tom Maugham