[filmscanners] Re: A bit OT scanning archival prints

First of all, on the Device Tab, first box, change Option types to Advanced.

Since your scanning prints your Media type would be "Image"  For the faded
colors, you might experiment with the "Restore Colors" option on the Filter
tab.  For 16-bit color, change the TIFF file type to 48 bit RGB, and uncheck
the "TIFF compression box", both on the Files tab.  I don't use TIFF
compression myself for the very reason you suggest.

For a RAW scan just check the "Save raw file" box on the Files tab.  Photoshop
will not know it's a 'RAW' file so you should make some not of it yourself,
perhaps in the filename.

I may be wrong on this, but "Save Index file" on the files tab may make a
thumbnail.  If not, you can make thumbnails in PS when you open an image and
resave it, and you can create an index sheet using PS or something like
Irfanview (PC only program).

Maris