filmscanners:Vuescan bugs

On my SS 4000, Win98SE version 7.33 worked fine. Using version 7.35 with b&w
Tmax film the following happens:

1) Scan takes 15 minutes instead of about 3 minutes.
2) The image opens up in photoshop upside down and too light, with a histogram
that spans only about half the range. I selected "flip" in device tab. Whether
I use Adobe RGB or sRGB it still happens.
3) When I try to record a log file to send to Ed, it has a file size of 11.8
mb!!
4) I see from the viewscan site, he no longer answers e-mails for tech
support!!! Is this really so? Then why is the log file option box still
available?

What happened between version 7.33 (worked fine) and version 7.35 and why
doesn't Ed support the product anymore? In the past he has been eager to fix
problems when we reported bugs to him.

Very puzzled,
-
Jim Hayes