Re: filmscanners:Vuescan 'bugs'

Can't help with your problem, but I have to make comment (as president of
the Ed Appreciation Society!)

>4) I see from the viewscan site, he no longer answers e-mails for tech
>support!!! Is this really so? Then why is the log file option box still
>available?

Given Ed is a one man show (or so I understand it) and his product supports
a multitude of scanners on 3 operating systems, with a variety of
connection methods...and then given the number of weird configurations we
all have, is this unreasonable?  Heavens, I can't cope with the technical
support on *my* system alone, and I'm not exactly illiterate.. :-
>What happened between version 7.33 (worked fine) and version 7.35 and why
>doesn't Ed support the product anymore? In the past he has been eager to fix
>problems when we reported bugs to him.

And up until yesterday he still was... :-)  I think he is simply asking
folk not to email him as soon as something goes wrong - just by reading
this list it is obvious that there all sorts of problems getting a system
running sweetly, many of which are *not* Ed's responsibility.

Ed seems to me to be VERY responsive whenever there is a major issue, or a
problem that affects more than one user.

If you are having a problem that is Vuescan's fault, there's a good chance
others on this list will quickly back you up, and I'm sure Ed will sort
it.  In the meantime, drop back to the version you were happy with...

mark t

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.