filmscanners: Flatbed Scanners for 4x5 Negatives?

The Canon d2400uf and Epson 2450 PHOTO for instance. The prices are
reasonable and could I get good results with LightJet prints in the 20x30
and sometimes larger range? I have never explored this route, am new to
Large Format and have seen LightJet prints but never manipulated my scans to
print to LightJet.

This seems the quality level in what I would call reasonable ($500-1500US)
price range. Is this situation going to change in the next three months,
because I am more than willing to wait this long.

I am shooting mostly TMAX 100 & soon to be color as well. Different lighting
conditions, mostly controlled in my garage w/ lights.

I have no clue what is good film for scanning, or if this is doable, but
someone's knowledge/experience would be appreciated.

Eventually I'd love to get large film blowups of my negs for alternative
contact printing in my darkroom.

(on a related note, does anyone know if more of photoshop's feature set can
work with higher bitrate files? That's something many people are waiting on
and would be quite conveinient to pair up with a new hardware purchase!)

Thanks,
joe

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.