filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Nikon Coolscan IV - positioning

Ralf wrote:
> I have encountered one serious drawback as to operating my
> LS-30 "flat": When using the film strip holder (the tiny
> metal-plastic thing, not the motor-driven feeder), the focus
> would be inaccurate, apparently as a result of the oscillating
> scanner movement.

Well, that surprises me.  The film strip holder is held very tightly by
the scanner along the axis of the light path.  I've never had a problem
with focus of films held in the film strip holder.  The only focus problems
I've had were with frame at the ends of film strips in the motorised feeder,
where film curl causes one end of the frame to be out of focus.

So I guess - YMMV.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com