Re: filmscanners: VueScan white balance question

Maybe a dumb question (I'm tired)..  :-)

Why does my image change so dramatically between white point 0.001 and
0?  When tweaking white point, I find I get small useful changes down to
0.001, but if I try to go lower or to zero, the image suddenly drops VERY
dramatically in brightness/gamma.

Is this something intentional ?  I thought I was simply changing the number
of clipped data points from a very small number to zero, so I am a little
puzzled at the size of the sudden drop in brightness...

Acer 2720, no fancy settings, and my crop area is well within the borders...

thanks for any clues for the clueless..!

mt

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.