From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of Mark Otway
Sent: 27 November 2001 09:03
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: filmscanners: Nikon Coolscan IV - positioning

Hi all,

Quick, and possibly dumb, question: all of the pictures I've seen of the
LS-40 have shown it stood on its side - i.e., with the 'Nikon' logo at
the correct orientation, and the power light at the top. However, I note
that it has rubber feet on the 'side', implying that it can also be used
'flat' (with the film strip going in 'on-edge', so-to-speak.

The latter would suit my desk layout better, but will it affect the
scanner's performance in any way? Is there an optimal position, or will
it make no difference?

Thanks

Mark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.